Question TPLink TL-WR841HP limiting my 15Mbps connection

Jed Salvatierra

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
So I've setup a Modem - Router - PC connection which is limiting my connection.

First I tried to connect the ISP modem directly to my PC to check what are my maximum speeds are.

Download speed: 15Mbps
Upload Speed: 30Mbps

Then I connected it to my router to set bandwidth control for all of our devices and for visitors.
Before I set up bandwidth control I tried to speedtest if I was getting the same speeds but using the Modem - Router - PC setup, I was only getting 0.5Mbps on my upload speeds but it was normal on my Download speeds. I can't see a setting on my router to fix this.

kanewolf

Titan
I would recommend a factory reset of the router, to ensure you haven't configured something wrong. Setup your SSID, WIFI password and admin password. Nothing else. See if that fixes your problems. Next try a different cable from your router to modem, especially if that isn't the cable you used for your PC direct connect test.

Jed Salvatierra

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
I would recommend a factory reset of the router, to ensure you haven't configured something wrong. Setup your SSID, WIFI password and admin password. Nothing else. See if that fixes your problems. Next try a different cable from your router to modem, especially if that isn't the cable you used for your PC direct connect test.
I tried to reset the route twice and recabled everything w/ different cables still the same results :/

15 down and 30 up is not normal. Down is usually larger then up. What u paid for?
That's how it is here where I live, though it is a 15Mbps plan but I'm still getting more for upload which is good I guess.

Jed Salvatierra

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
Do ALL computers have this problem when connected to the router or just one? Have you connected any other laptop or PC to check?
I only have 1 computer and wanted to limit devices that are connect through wifi and prioritize bandwidth to my pc. I tested wifi speeds and it was normal but on wired connection, the upload speed is being limited.