[SOLVED] TPLink was working OK - but now - no internet access in AP mode

JaiAirey

Prominent
Oct 7, 2020
This TPLink RE305 has been working fine in AP mode for many months.

I changed the mode to Repeater, to help with a 'dark spot' I have at the end of the house.
This had no improvement.
So I have reverted to AP mode.
This has been done successfully, but there is a message 'no internet connection', seen on my phone (and other devices) WIFI settings.

The RE305 is again LAN connected to my router, and is visible from the router (BT home hub).
I can access the RE305 from my LAN connected PC (MAC), using 192.168.0.254.
On the settings status screen, the 'Internet Status' has a yellow triangle flag and status 'Unknown'.

The RE305 worked fine yesterday in AP mode.
I've made no changes to the router.
The BT Router is fully connected to the internet, with LAN connections and a single WIFI network serving multiple devices.

I have de/re/powered the RE305, and the router.
And also reset the RE305, and reset to AP mode.
Still no success.

What other settings do I need to check to get the AP mode working fully again??

Solution
The AP needs to be reconfigured for your network.

Per your post you reset the RE305.

You can access the AP via 192.168.0.254 because that is the AP's default IP address.

Reference:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/re205&re305_v3/faq#ug-sub-title-1

You need to reconfigure the AP to a static IP that is reserved for the AP (via the AP's MAC) via the BT router.

Check the router's admin screens. The previous working static IP for the AP may still be listed and available.

Ralston18

Titan
The AP needs to be reconfigured for your network.

Per your post you reset the RE305.

You can access the AP via 192.168.0.254 because that is the AP's default IP address.

Reference:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/re205&re305_v3/faq#ug-sub-title-1

You need to reconfigure the AP to a static IP that is reserved for the AP (via the AP's MAC) via the BT router.

Check the router's admin screens. The previous working static IP for the AP may still be listed and available.

Solution