[SOLVED] tpm and secure boot i7 7700k

Bharat_19

Honorable
May 11, 2017
as i can see from system information .... i have tpm 2.0 enabled but secure boot option shows that its unsupported.......i opened the bios ...its shows that my secure boot is enabled for windows os.... but in system information it shows unsupportive ... please help me with this

Important notice: BACKUP all your data before messing up with Secure boot settings in BIOS. This operations carry high risk of loosing data.

Secure Boot only works if your system is set to UEFI with CSM/Legacy support disabled. Otherwise it won't do anything even if your motherboard allows you to enable it (some models will not let you do that).

My conditions mirror those of the OP; as the Win11 will likely be not pushed out as an upgrade until early next calendar year, I am reluctant to tinker with assorted secure boot settings that might brick me 6-7 months before really even 'needed' anyway. I will tinker with it some more then ,if MS says the 7th gen CPUs are adequate... (I'm sure someone will test it before I will despite any MS guidance with an official yay or nay from MS anyway.

Seems to me they need to expand that a bit. I know my work PC is an i7 6700 with 16gb of ram, and 1tb ssd. Don't see any reason it shouldn't support. Yes I know about Microsoft's requirements, but seems like on perfectly good systems that aren't that old they shouldn't be randomly cutting support.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Also have to stop and consider that there are security and data handling features which are likely part of the driving need for more current hardware that do not exist on older hardware when building a new operating system which needs to comply with not only the end user desktop but millions upon millions of secure government and health system machines. Stop to understand that this isn't a narrow-minded focus by Microsoft as a slap against the home user; they also have to account for the enormous commercial and government licensing contracts which require security features.

This will likely expand and include more hardware as release date gets closer, but I would imagine there is a limited supported hardware list right now for some very specific reasons.

TRENDING THREADS