[SOLVED] TPM and System Speed

Oct 27, 2021
I have a desk top with GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 LGA1150 mother board, Intel 4th gen Core i7-4790K
ASUS Cerberus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC Edition GDDR5 Gaming Graphics Card.
I know this is not ready for Win 121. But does the mother board has TPM 2 capability? How do I enable it?
This system is rather slow even after adding the graphics card. What can I do about it?

Solution
I know this is not ready for Win 121. But does the mother board has TPM 2 capability? How do I enable it?
This system is rather slow even after adding the graphics card. What can I do about it?
You have to buy a TPM module since the CPU doesn't have firmware based TPM. However, unless you need it for some reason, there's no point in getting one. Having one doesn't automagically add any security features.

As for slowness, it depends on:
  • How much RAM you have and how much is being used
  • If you're loading things from an HDD or SSD
  • How full those storage drives are
  • If you have a lot of things running the background
You have to buy a TPM module since the CPU doesn't have firmware based TPM. However, unless you need it for some reason, there's no point in getting one. Having one doesn't automagically add any security features.

As for slowness, it depends on:
  • How much RAM you have and how much is being used
  • If you're loading things from an HDD or SSD
  • How full those storage drives are
  • If you have a lot of things running the background

Solution