[SOLVED] TPM header Gigabyte AB350m motherboard

Mel2015

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
I have a Ryzen 7 1700 CPU with a Gigabyte AB350m motherboard that has a TPM header.
It has 20 pins (19 one empty). Does such a module exist?
I can't seem to locate one and if I do find will Windows 11 install ?
My Windows 10 won't upgrade to latest version now, passes all hardware checks no problem and I've tried every remedy online except re-installing the whole thing so I was looking forward to 11.
Thanks

I have a Ryzen 7 1700 CPU with a Gigabyte AB350m motherboard that has a TPM header.
It has 20 pins (19 one empty). Does such a module exist?
I can't seem to locate one and if I do find will Windows 11 install ?
My Windows 10 won't upgrade to latest version now, passes all hardware checks no problem and I've tried every remedy online except re-installing the whole thing so I was looking forward to 11.
Thanks
It's true enough that Windows11 won't be supported on First gen Ryzen.

However, you can still enable UEFI and Safe Boot to get that protection. The 1700 CPU also has a built-in TPM...fTPM it's called...that you can enable in BIOS. I have a 1700 CPU with enabled fTPM and it is TPM 2.0. So with UEFI and Safe Boot enabled, and with the fTPM in your CPU you can get the security features Windows11 asks for but with Windows10.

The fTPM in the CPU does all that a discrete TPM does so if you don't find one you'll miss on nothing.

Last edited:

Mel2015

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
It's true enough that Windows11 won't be supported on First gen Ryzen.

However, you can still enable UEFI and Safe Boot to get that protection. The 1700 CPU also has a built-in TPM...fTPM it's called...that you can enable in BIOS. I have a 1700 CPU with enabled fTPM and it is TPM 2.0. So with UEFI and Safe Boot enabled, and with the fTPM in your CPU you can get the security features Windows11 asks for but with Windows10.

The fTPM in the CPU does all that a discrete TPM does so if you don't find one you'll miss on nothing.