TR1 setup...needs help

traveler

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2001

No matter played how many times, TR-1 is always the best in the series. :)

I'm having problem setting up the sound in TR-1.
AutoDetect in setup.exe doesn't do the trick.
My audio hardware is the SoundMax chipset on my Asus motherboard.
Anyone know how to solve it?

"Traveler" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> No matter played how many times, TR-1 is always the best in the series. :)
>
> I'm having problem setting up the sound in TR-1.
> AutoDetect in setup.exe doesn't do the trick.
> My audio hardware is the SoundMax chipset on my Asus motherboard.
> Anyone know how to solve it?

You will probably need to install something called VDMSound. The
instructions can be found at www.glidos.net.

Cheers

JW

traveler

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2001

"dublevay" <dublevay@blue_Bottle_yonder.co.uk> wrote in

> "Traveler" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>> No matter played how many times, TR-1 is always the best in the
>> series. :)
>>
>> I'm having problem setting up the sound in TR-1.
>> AutoDetect in setup.exe doesn't do the trick.
>> My audio hardware is the SoundMax chipset on my Asus motherboard.
>> Anyone know how to solve it?
>
> You will probably need to install something called VDMSound. The
> instructions can be found at www.glidos.net.
>
> Cheers
>
> JW

Thanks alot.
I heard about the 3d enhanced version long time ago, but never know what
it's about and where it's. You really open my eyes. :)

traveler

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2001

As for Glidos, use voodoo's tomb.exe file in Tomb Raider Gold no matter
what 3d card (mine is ati) machine is using?? or use other 3dPatches
workable as well??

Gigio

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

"Traveler" <someone@somewhere.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> No matter played how many times, TR-1 is always the best in the series. :)
>
> I'm having problem setting up the sound in TR-1.
> AutoDetect in setup.exe doesn't do the trick.
> My audio hardware is the SoundMax chipset on my Asus motherboard.
> Anyone know how to solve it?

Don't try "AutoDetect", you must use Manual Select Card, then set
SoundBlaster (not SoundBlaster Pro):

IRQ = 5
Input/Output Address = 220
DMA = 1

Cheers

GiGiO

I had the same problem (see earlier post) and I also solved it with this
soundblaster setting. Works like a charm now. I found it on the glidos site
by the way.

"GiGiO" <GiGiO@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Traveler" <someone@somewhere.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > No matter played how many times, TR-1 is always the best in the series.
:)

"Traveler" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:Xns95227A84023Bsohu@130.81.64.196...
> As for Glidos, use voodoo's tomb.exe file in Tomb Raider Gold no matter
> what 3d card (mine is ati) machine is using?? or use other 3dPatches
> workable as well??

You must use the voodoo patch with Glidos.

> > No matter played how many times, TR-1 is always the best in the series. :)
> >
> > I'm having problem setting up the sound in TR-1.
> > AutoDetect in setup.exe doesn't do the trick.
> > My audio hardware is the SoundMax chipset on my Asus motherboard.
> > Anyone know how to solve it?
>
> Don't try "AutoDetect", you must use Manual Select Card, then set
> SoundBlaster (not SoundBlaster Pro):
>
> IRQ = 5
> Input/Output Address = 220
> DMA = 1
>
> Cheers

Depends on which version of Windows you are using. That's good advice for Windows 95/98/ME

For Windows XP, you need to install VDMSound; then start setup.exe by right-clicking it and selecting
"Run with VDMS". You should then autodetect the card (emulated card that is).

Cheers,
Paul.