Track badge progress

Greetings!

I had an idea today while poking around in the Win7 section of the forum. I'm curious to know how close I am to the Gold Win7 badge, as well as badges in a few other sections of the forum. I'm sure at one time or another other regular posters have shared this same curiosity. Perhaps a tracking feature could be added to the Status & Badges page of the user profile section?

What does everyone think?

TheViper

Distinguished
It's on my to do list if I'm hired for the Community Manger position.

Tracking them right now is a pain in the butt. You have to open all your messages for that section, check each Best Answer thread and tabulate which are yours.

In fact, the whole Best Answer thing could be better tracked which would in turn help with upcoming badge tracking.

I have a lot of 'best answer' designations from the time before counting them towards badges began. At least several dozen if not more. In addition, I am not given the bronze badge dsignate in XP or Vista forums. If it takes only ten best answers in the Vista and XP forums, I have the ten and no stinkin' badges.

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
I have another problem with the best answers.
I opened a thread, and nobody answered, and after a while I solved it, and I posted that I solved it.
Since the only reply is mine, I can't select me as the best answer, but my email keeps bugging me to select the best answer.

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hey,

If you click on your profile link in the upper right, then go to Status & badges, there is a pretty compelling status monitor there.

Justin

tecmo34

Administrator
justin,

I believe what the OP is looking for is a similar total points tracking bar for best answers in each section. It will show how many more "best answers" you need to get the bronze, silver or gold badges for those sections. Now, one has to either track them by reviewing all their post or save the Tom's email and track that way... It would be a good tool... for those who want to know their status towards getting specific badges.

Just to confirm, yes this is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks tecmo.

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hey,

Just letting everyone know this has been implemented. There is a bug with the number of best answers, but this is known about and being fixed.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Justin

Looks like a great start. Like you said, the number of best answers is incorrect. Also, it says that I have only been a member for 1 year (when I have the badge for 3) though I could see this being part of the same problem. Anyway, looks good and keep up the good work (and big thanks for listening!).

Well, I have enough 'best answers' for a bronze badge I was never given. The badge has no badge in Vista Forums. It would be nice if there was an easier way to keep track of the number of 'best answer' as others have asked about already. This is a request for proper appropriation of Badge's badges. I also want 40K points credited to my account, 10k posts x 4 points each= 40k points. And also the many dozens of 'best answers' I had before the count was implemented. My Christmas list so to speak.

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005

How do you see the number of best answers?
I have some but I don't know where to look for them, even if as justin said the number is wrong right now.

Go to your Profile > Status and Badges and down at the bottom you can see the structure for the new tracker. As of right now it is completely wrong, perhaps only displaying the most recent badge, but you can at least get the idea of what they are planning.

TheViper

Distinguished
They still seem to be working on it. The structure for the page is there but the actual tracking data isn't ready yet.

I'm showing just 1 Best Answer in 5 different sections (probably those achieved since the tracker started).

TRENDING THREADS