Question Trackpad for Desktop seen by OS as a Mouse?

Jun 14, 2019
I purchased an external trackpad (link below) for my desktop and I want to adjust a few settings. Actually any settings at all. In Windows 10, the options I need are generally in Settings > Device > Trackpad (below mouse) but trackpad just isn't on the page. In device manager, the trackpad is registered as "HID-compliant mouse" and the only other driver available (Update Driver > Browse > Let me pick) is "HID-complient device" which leaves the trackpad non-functional. The device works, and changing mouse options (Settings > Devices > Mouse + " > Advanced Options) doesn't affect the trackpad, only the mouse. What did I miss?
https://www.amazon.com/Touchpad-Jel...&pf_rd_p=3b5a26b6-6ac4-5a7c-91a3-47c46f9bea8c

What PC are you attaching the device to; make and model.

Touchpads usually show up under mouse settings, with a separate touchpad tab. Have you restarted your PC since you installed the trackpad? A restart will usually save new information. a shutdown and then separate start will sometimes not.

Jun 14, 2019
It is a custom build (tagged but forgot to mention in post) with a R5 1600 in an MSI B350 Tomohawk with the latest non beta BIOS and fully updated Win10 1903, restarted 4 times and one full shutdown/power up.

Try this. In Device Manager-- Update Driver > Browse > Let me pick. Above the box with the HID drivers is a box that says "Show compatible hardware". Unclick that box and you will have a list of all the trackpad/ mouse drivers by manufacturer. You will have to experiment to see if any work with your track pad.

Last edited:
I emailed Jelly Comp about your issue, and they returned my email requesting your order ID and seller, which doesn't sound very promising; my guess is they will simply direct you to return it. Here is the return message.

"Thank you for the message and very sorry for the trouble.
Could you kindly send me your order ID and seller so that I can check the information for you?
Please don’t worry, all the products have one year warranty and I will try my best to solve the problems for you."

support@jellycomb.com

Jun 14, 2019
Hello! I am so sorry I am only now getting back to you! Your suggestion of unchecking "Show compatible hardware" button half worked (I used thinkpad drivers). I was able to get trackpad settings to appear and all but two settings works normally. Those settings are "down scrolls down/down scrolls up" and disabling pinch to zoom, which are the only settings I wanted to change. Of course. Proceeded to try 4 separate USB ports and a second computer with identical results. Got in contact with JellyComb and they tried to send me a link to a video but there was no link. Oh well.

I'm ready to call this on, outside of pinch to zoom (which I can deal with via sensitivity settings) I love the device (I can get used to backwards scroll) so I'm going to call this a win. Thank you for the help! I was phenomenal!