[SOLVED] Trackpad Not Working In dell Inspiron 13-7359

Jan 14, 2020
Touchpad of my laptop(model- 13-7359) is not showing up in device manager. It has completely stopped working.
Things I've tried:
1. Tried to download the driver for trackpad but there's no driver in dell's website.

Solution
I had the same problem on a DELL Latitude E5470 (Older model) that my organization redeploys as a spare when needed. I'm still trying to find a way to fix this in my deployments, but here's a fix I discovered:

After connecting a external Mouse and Keyboard;
  1. Open Device Manager
  2. Expand "Mice and other pointing devices"
  3. Right click on Dell Touchpad
  4. Click "Update Driver"
  5. click "Browse my computer for Driver Software"
  6. click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
  7. Choose "PS/2 Compatible Mouse"
  8. Hit "Next," reboot, and gesture to your heart's content
I even somehow got the ALPS control panel working, but that's more work for minimal payoff.

CloudyFaygo

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019
I had the same problem on a DELL Latitude E5470 (Older model) that my organization redeploys as a spare when needed. I'm still trying to find a way to fix this in my deployments, but here's a fix I discovered:

After connecting a external Mouse and Keyboard;
  1. Open Device Manager
  2. Expand "Mice and other pointing devices"
  3. Right click on Dell Touchpad
  4. Click "Update Driver"
  5. click "Browse my computer for Driver Software"
  6. click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
  7. Choose "PS/2 Compatible Mouse"
  8. Hit "Next," reboot, and gesture to your heart's content
I even somehow got the ALPS control panel working, but that's more work for minimal payoff.

Solution
Mar 22, 2021
Hello,
I have kind of the same problem. The clicking function of the touchpad was not working ( but I could move the pointer normally using the touchpad) so I ordered a new one. I installed it personally and for a second it worked and then it stopped. I tried to switch cable between my old trackpad and the new trackpad. Nothing. The pointer is gone and the clicking function only works physically but I can’t click on anything since there is no pointer on the screen. Funny enough, I even re installed the old touchpad and the hilariously, the clicking physical function was back fixed but the the touchpad is completely useless. I tried to attach a Bluetooth mouse and follow what you have said for the other user but I do not see dell touchpad. I only have the Bluetooth mouse. Any help/suggestion?
ps: I opened the pc at least 10 times and all cable are connected. I just don’t understand. They only thing that I am worried about is if I messed up the aluminium/tin foil sheet on the top left corner of the touchpad.