Trackpad Patent Hints Google May Bring Android to Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
No need to have a touchscreen monitor for a desktop PC then. But on a desktop PC or notebook i still prefer to use a mouse to navigate rather than using the touchpad (built-in or via external device)

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Wow, that would be a train wreck. It's a fragmented mess now, kind of reminding me of another 'free' OS that really doesn't work for most people. Do we really want another one of those?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
That's the nice thing about a big fat bank account.
You just roll out all sorts of s%$t and see which ones take off.
Than you write off those that crashed and burned.

Let's keep in mind that -Example VHS- it is not always the 'best' technology that gets accepted by the market.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Hahahaha. I hope they do bring it to desktop so it fails miserably. Android is terrible. Google's coders are the worst, the only ones worse than microsoft's. An Android PC would be the most useless lump of resistors, capacitors, conductors, inductors, and transistors the world has ever seen.

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
[citation][nom]Grizely1[/nom]Hahahaha. I hope they do bring it to desktop so it fails miserably. Android is terrible. Google's coders are the worst, the only ones worse than microsoft's. An Android PC would be the most useless lump of resistors, capacitors, conductors, inductors, and transistors the world has ever seen.[/citation]

Yes, because Microsoft is SO terrible... Grow up, hipster.

Anyway I think the concept could be very cool. It'd be nice to have another competitor in the market just to give us some more options. I love Windows, not a huge fan of OSX, and I couldn't be bothered with Linux (not because it's bad, simply because I don't have the time to sit down and figure it all out again.) but Android has received a lot of praise from cellphone customers everywhere and I figure, why not take it back to where it was developed? The PC!

It'll be fun if this all goes through without a hitch or a lawsuit.

G

Actuallly, I am using a trackpad now... The one apple released a long while ago.
http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007

I am no hipster, you fool. I work in industry, I know the globe run on Microsoft. And I stand by everything I said.

Just got an S4 and it's just as badly coded as the S1 was. Not to mention the spelling of "dialling" (dialing) and "revese" (I believe they meant to have it say "reverse"). But that's just nitpicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.