Trade in Corsair force 3 for Corsair force GT?

dyslecix

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Hi, I just got a Corsair force at frys for 173 with tax, but after rebate it would be around 138$. I went on newegg a few days ago and noticed the force gt is 190 with a 30 MIR, and free 2-day shipping, which would be a 20$ price difference. My question is should I take this one back and buy the Force GT from newegg. This MIR deal ends on the 13th. Also.. If I get the Force GT will I notice boot up speed difference, or any other real world differences? My main thing is boot time. I want to know if there would be a difference or not. Would there be a difference in load times for games also?

Corsair Force GT 120 GB is "Tier 6"
Corsair Force 3 120 GB is "Tier 8"

each tier represents roughly a 10% performace difference so, the GT shud be about 21% faster

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-price-ssd,3070-6.html

As for Boot times......

I can dual boot the box upstairs from HD (Barracuda XT) or current generation tier 3 SSD (Vertex 3 Max IOPS)

SSD - 15.6 seconds
HD - 21.2 seconds

Another option is a hybrid SSD/HD like the Seagate Momentus which takes about 17 seconds.

Hey Jack! In the Tom's Hardware article you referenced. The article clearly states:

"The chart has been structured so that each tier represents a 10% difference in performance".

However, the article also clearly states:

"As a point of comparison, a file operation completes 85% faster on a low-end SSD than it does on a high-end hard drive, but there is only an 88% speed difference between a high-end hard drive and a high-end SSD."

Those ten tiers represent only a 3% difference between high end and low end ssd's when compared to a high end hard disk drive. Not much of a difference for ordinary tasks.

dyslecix - Your eyes and brain will not notice any difference. You would have to run synthetic benchmarls to measure any difference.

TRENDING THREADS