Question Trade offer for my GTX 1080 to a 1080 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

eternalabys

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
Hello again everyone,

After a while of just saving and not really looking in to the market, the prices have fell a small amount. Tried to look for a card with slightly more performance than what I do now. So, I just got an offer for my EVGA ACX 3.0 SC GTX 1080 that I paid 230 Euro a while back, for a Aorus Xtreme GTX 1080 Ti, for an additional trade price of 60 euros. This deal would be done locally to me and I wouldn't have to pay for anything else, just the trade price.

What do you think guys, is it worth it?

Solution
The GTX 1080 Ti is a considerably better card than the GTX 1080. Not only is it faster, it has an extra 3GB of VRAM which means that it would be able to avoid the 8GB VRAM issues while the GTX 1080 can't.

Having said that, I wouldn't take that deal because your €60 would be much better spent on something modern like an RX 6700 XT. The GTX 1080 Ti is now THREE generations old and isn't worth investing any money in unless you're buying the whole card for dirt cheap and you have something extremely weak like an RX 550.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The ti model of the 1080 is well more powerful, but it shouldn't be overlooked how old the card is and what possible uses it could have been put up to during the two different mining craze that went on during its lifetime. On the surface, if it's worth it to you for the cash and the risk, then....

I wouldn't, but at the same time I would not have paid that for a 1080 based on the same facets.

eternalabys

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
The ti model of the 1080 is well more powerful, but it shouldn't be overlooked how old the card is and what possible uses it could have been put up to during the two different mining craze that went on during its lifetime. On the surface, if it's worth it to you for the cash and the risk, then....

I wouldn't, but at the same time I would not have paid that for a 1080 based on the same facets.
Markets where I live have extremely varying prices and quite low quantities of used cards in general, I bought the 1080 in September when the prices were only barely coming down. I had the choice to get the card with another persons help, and I did. Now, the same price I paid for the 1080 there are 1080 Ti's selling for the same or lower price, granted, it's been 6 months, and back then I didn't even have a card lmao. I'm likely to try and sell the card once I know it's good after a while, maybe get a 3070 or so. I'll make sure the card is good before I trade for it.

The GTX 1080 Ti is a considerably better card than the GTX 1080. Not only is it faster, it has an extra 3GB of VRAM which means that it would be able to avoid the 8GB VRAM issues while the GTX 1080 can't.

Having said that, I wouldn't take that deal because your €60 would be much better spent on something modern like an RX 6700 XT. The GTX 1080 Ti is now THREE generations old and isn't worth investing any money in unless you're buying the whole card for dirt cheap and you have something extremely weak like an RX 550.

Reactions: Order 66
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS