[SOLVED] Trading an EVGA 3070ti for a 3070ti FE?

Jul 23, 2021
Heyo!

Just had a quick question, I’ve been thinking about switching my EVGA 3070ti for a FE 3070ti, mostly due to size constraints in my case.

I was just wondering if you guys think that’s a smart move? I’ve heard the performance impact is negligible but are there other factors that would impact whether or not I should switch?

Two quick notes 1) switching won’t cost me anything and 2) I never overclock, I don’t know if that has an impact or not but thought I should add. :)

Thank you!

Also this is my first time using these forums so sorry if I did something wrong >.<

Solution
if the cards perform almost the same why would the FE have a much lower resale value?
some because of the better shroud & fans on the EVGA,
depending on the exact model of the card possibly higher clocks & memory speeds,
other because of the EVGA branding.

you can very easily compare these two exact model's specs, not through Youtube videos,
on the manufacturer product pages and on retail sites like Newegg, Best Buy, MicroCenter, etc.
the price is up to $200 difference based on the MSRP depending on the exact model.
Jul 23, 2021
compare the specs of the two exact models.

if there isn't much of a base clock\memory difference than the only downside is the much lower resale value and possibly more heat & noise being produced by the FE.
Gotcha, yeah I watched some videos and I think the difference was in the single digit fps so I’m not too worried about that.
I’m sorry I’m not very knowledgeable in this area but, if the cards perform almost the same why would the FE have a much lower resale value?

if the cards perform almost the same why would the FE have a much lower resale value?
depending on the exact model of the card possibly higher clocks & memory speeds,

you can very easily compare these two exact model's specs, not through Youtube videos,
on the manufacturer product pages and on retail sites like Newegg, Best Buy, MicroCenter, etc.
the price is up to $200 difference based on the MSRP depending on the exact model.

Reactions: KitKat_Kasumi
Solution
Jul 23, 2021

Ahhh gotcha, that makes sense!

Oki, I’ll do that. Thank you for all of your help! ^-^