Question Tranfering files from laptop to phone

I'm trying to tranfer some files from my laptop (win 10 ... fully updated) to my galaxy S10 plus via a wired connection (usb). On the phone, when I tell to use the usb connection to transfer files ... I get nothing on the laptop. When I tell it to transfer images ... the phones 'drives' show up on the laptop but I can only transfer images. Can anyone help me with this?

I believe the problem lies with the laptop ... since the tranferring works fine with my other laptops with the same OS.

Nov 3, 2021
Go ahead and reboot your system for posterity's sake, I think. Then, see if you're getting the same from your phone. Do you get the windows "what would you like to do with this device" message when first plugging your phone into it?

Nov 3, 2021
I believe it has something to do with that. I encountered a similar issue when trying to transfer data from my phone to laptop; normally I ignore that popup as well but I noticed it wasn't actually mounting the phone properly until after I had chosen "view in explorer" rather than going straight there to access it.

I just plugged my phone into my computer now and it didn't prompt me for that, but I believe it just remembered the device and the choice I had made for it.

Nov 3, 2021
I'm not 100% certain. Out of curiosity, I plugged my phone in again to see if the message would come up and it did this time? Next time you plug the phone in, keep your eye on the right side of your taskbar where notifications pop-up, I noticed that it comes and goes extremely quickly.

And sorry for the late reply; did you have any luck yesterday evening getting it to detect?

No luck getting it to tranfer data (other than photos) via wired connection. Very Strange. I am now able to connect the 2 via bluetooth and transfer that way. A little slow for large movie files but hey ... at least it works.
Thanks for the help. If I solve the wired connection issue ... I'll post the solution.