tranfering photos from Android

adjudicator1

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
I want to transfer a few photos from my phone to my laptop but i'm having a heck of a time. It appears that it wants to back up everything to my laptop instead. I do not want to do that, only to transfer a few of my last few photos into my laptop. How can I do that? I'm going around in circles in here.

Solution
Glad you found the photos! If you want to keep a copy on the phone, then copy/paste over to your computer. Click and drag will move them from the phone (I think). Look into your camera app settings, where you can specify the default location to save photos. (I had mine in 2 different places for a while, since the default location was the phone's internal memory. I changed it to the SD card.).
Are you connecting the phone to the laptop with a USB cable? That is what I do and then on the computer go to File Explorer, then expand This PC, and my cell phone shows up. Select either the internal storage or SD card and find the camera directory and you should be able to copy/paste 1 or more photos to your computer.

Should be able to do as posted above and drag and drop your photos to the PC via a normal windows explorer file window.

Other options:
Transfer photos on phone to your sd card if phone has one
Sync with dropbox or other cloud Service
Use program on phone like ES File Explorer to transfer file to a network share on PC

adjudicator1

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
I figured out the File Explorer thing. The issue I have now is that I see my phone and when I open the pictures folder I do not see my most recent photos only the ones I downloaded to my PC before I left home on this trip. Somehow I'm not seeing my most recent photos in my phone . The other thing that could be happening is that I keep opening the photos in my PC but i'm clicking on the Android icon. I'm so confused.

Does your phone have a SD card? Or do you just have the phone's internal memory. I suspect the most recent pictures you took got stored in a different directory (either internal memory or SD card) than where you were storing them before. There is usually a setting within the camera app where you can specify the default location for saving photos. Do you see a DCIM directory anywhere on the phone?

adjudicator1

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
Bingo! The photos were in the DCIM folder. I have no freaking idea how they got there. Must be the regular memory filled out of something and they were moved automatically. Anyways, so I just click and drag now?

Glad you found the photos! If you want to keep a copy on the phone, then copy/paste over to your computer. Click and drag will move them from the phone (I think). Look into your camera app settings, where you can specify the default location to save photos. (I had mine in 2 different places for a while, since the default location was the phone's internal memory. I changed it to the SD card.).

Solution

brub

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

TRENDING THREADS