Question Tranfering save files from linux to Windows 10 via Cloud ( Epic Games )

Nice Nicer

Commendable
May 24, 2021
Hello,

I played metro Last light on linux mint during the last week. I got pretty far into the game. Now i switched back to windows 10 and it seems as if all my progress is lost. I installed the same game via the epic games launcher , that i had previously downloaded and installed via the heroic games launcher and linux mint 22.04. Now i thought that my progress was saved in a cloud if i play on steam or epic in most cases. Is it a misconception ? That would be very disapointing, since i don´t feel like playing another hour or so just to get to the same point again.

Any info would be apreciated.

it should have cloud sync, on both epic and steam, problem with automatic cloud saving/restoring from linux/windows may arise as linux is using different save path then windows does
manual restoring saves should be possible tho as long it is still saved in linux
manual restoring means moving files from linux version (path to game\user id) into windows version (%USERPROFILE%\Documents\4A Games\Metro Last Light\)

Nice Nicer

Commendable
May 24, 2021
Unfortunately i no longer use linux at all, and that´s because the gaming experience was quite terrible. At some point during the game , this strange problem started. I could only hear the characters´ voices if my character was facing them directly . In some cutscenes ( there is plenty in Metro last light ) i didn´t have any sound at all, probably because of the same reason. Also the gunshots became extremely quiet after a while. I had flickering images in combination with stuttering movements in more than one level. So i did a fresh install of windows 10.