Transcend Announces New High-Capacity USB 3.0 Flash Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

QSV

Honorable
Feb 26, 2015
I dont want bigger ones. Theres already very big ones. I want faster ones! One that really uses the whole USB 3.0 port reading and writing! But theres still nothing!

Nope but some of these in the article get close. If you are transferring from a HDD you might be speed limited by the HDD.

QSV

Honorable
Feb 26, 2015

Nope but some of these in the article get close. If you are transferring from a HDD you might be speed limited by the HDD.

Pretty close? Hardly. USB 3.0 is about 450 MB/s in reality. Theres some that claim they can do 300 MB/s, which would be great, but they can barely reach half of that in reality.
And yeah, of course I am talking about an SSD here.

QSV

Honorable
Feb 26, 2015

I am starting to think the reason for that is pretty simple: Heat.
I have read quite a few reviews of drives that claimed (or still claim) to reach such speeds. A lot of people reported about them getting very hot and actually failing after a few weeks, and yet they didnt even nearly reach claimed speeds unless it was compressible content. Others, like the PQI Thunder 4 were announced and only available for a few weeks, if at all, before being unavailable everywhere.

marsatas

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2013
"120,000 images, 64,000 mp3s or 64 hours of Full HD video" - These type of descriptions always seemed silly to me.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006

I am starting to think the reason for that is pretty simple: Heat.
I have read quite a few reviews of drives that claimed (or still claim) to reach such speeds. A lot of people reported about them getting very hot and actually failing after a few weeks, and yet they didnt even nearly reach claimed speeds unless it was compressible content. Others, like the PQI Thunder 4 were announced and only available for a few weeks, if at all, before being unavailable everywhere.
No. Name specific links about the heat issues that you are supposedly seeing, because I have not seen instances of a flash drive failing due to heat issues in the past 5 years.

QSV

Honorable
Feb 26, 2015

They are in German on several online shops. For example about the Mushkin Ventura Ultra and the Corsair Flash Voyager GTX. They all reported about excessive heat and failure after a few weeks. Those were about 6 or 7 different reports on just 2 sites and their overall rating was bad too. Not to mention the sudden vanishing of the PQI Thunder 4.
You can look them up on amazon.de and geizhals.at. Even amazon.com has a few of them, even though the overall rating there is fine, but I wouldnt trust reviews which dont even realize that those drives wont even reach the advertized speed.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
You can look them up on amazon.de and geizhals.at. Even amazon.com has a few of them, even though the overall rating there is fine, but I wouldnt trust reviews which dont even realize that those drives wont even reach the advertized speed.
With all due respect, I don't trust someone who does not give specific links to the things even in German with Google Translate and Excite Translate being things today.
It sounds more like trolling to me by someone who never bought the things in question and wanted to post a trolling review, one of the reasons why Amazon now makes you buy the thing in question from them or prove that you bought the thing in question before making a review.

QSV

Honorable
Feb 26, 2015

With all due respect, if I read such an absolute post from someone I dont know and who claims he knows everything and suddenly jumps to the defense on products with obvious problems without even checking it for himself, I suspect a troll post and wont waste much time with it. All you have to do is enter the names given in the search fields on sites given. If you cant read German, you can use Google Translate yourself, as you said, its easy. Not to mention the reviews on English sites. Its there, youre just too ignorant to check it, and your excuse for your ignorance, direct attack on me and downright meltdown suddenly after a normal discussion just proved my suspicion. Love your audacity to call me a troll, too. Awesome!
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.