Transcend SSD370S 512GB SSD Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co BIY

Splendid
If the Crucial BX100 is no longer available I don't think it belongs in the performance comparison charts. Although I see the value for analyzing the trends in the market it doesn't reflect the current state and gives Crucial undeserved positive exposure for a product they can no longer even bring to market.

Seems that value SSDs are one area where we are not getting continuous performance improvement but instead some backslide.

CRamseyer

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
The BX100 is far from an obsolete product since anyone can still purchase the series at Newegg, Amazon and a number of other online stores. I would even go as far as to say some are still on retail shelves. It is also a product that many people know and can use to compare performance against.

I do agree with your comment on mainstream performance moving the wrong direction. It's a trend we will have to live with until Toshiba, Micron and SK Hynix move to 3D like Samsung. Micron appears to be the first with some 3D flash expected in June or July. 2D TLC will survive and make up the entry-level sector. 3D TLC and 3D MLC will account for the mainstream and performance sectors of the market.

jai_123

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
Do you suggest using SSD370 on a RAID 1 ? I am planning to create a RAID 1, not yet finalized to choose a OS based RAID or use a cheap HW RAID adapter.

CRamseyer

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
With RAID 1 you don't have to worry about the Yahtzee effect. In my next RAID Report I'll explain it with some additional detail.

Most SSDs will work fine in RAID 1.

shaolin95

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2004
So for someone with a SATA II only system trying to extend the life of anotherwise powerful system, is the 850 EVO the best option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS