Transcodage_problème

georges

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

VideoSutdio version 8 (trial)
-Français
Lorsque je capture au départ de mon caméscope JVC DV en format MPEG,
la capture est suspendue très très souvent par un message de
Transcodage DV: -
Vidange du tampon de transcodage. Cela prend quelques secondes et
ensuite la capture reprend.
A cause de cela, j'ai des mini coupures dans la vidéo capturée et le
temps de capture est beaucoup plus long que normal.
De quel façon puis-je éliminer l'usage du tampon de transcodage ? ou
du moins minimiser les inconvénients?
merci:
English:
Capturing from my cam JVC -DV in MPEG format, the capture is very
often suspended by a transcodage's message - emptying buffer. this
takes some seconds and then the capture continue.
Due to this, I have minicutset the capture time is longer.
How can I circumvent the usage of this transcodage buffer?
Thanks,

Georges (georges.robert@gmail.com)

On 2/15/2005, Georges managed to type:
> VideoSutdio version 8 (trial)
> -Français
> Lorsque je capture au départ de mon caméscope JVC DV en format MPEG,
> la capture est suspendue très très souvent par un message de
> Transcodage DV: -
> Vidange du tampon de transcodage. Cela prend quelques secondes et
> ensuite la capture reprend.
> A cause de cela, j'ai des mini coupures dans la vidéo capturée et le
> temps de capture est beaucoup plus long que normal.
> De quel façon puis-je éliminer l'usage du tampon de transcodage ? ou
> du moins minimiser les inconvénients?
> merci:
> English:
> Capturing from my cam JVC -DV in MPEG format, the capture is very
> often suspended by a transcodage's message - emptying buffer. this
> takes some seconds and then the capture continue.
> Due to this, I have minicutset the capture time is longer.
> How can I circumvent the usage of this transcodage buffer?
> Thanks,
>
> Georges (georges.robert@gmail.com)

I would say that rather than eliminate the capture buffer, you should
make it larger. Search in your capture program's menus or manual for a
way to do that.

Another idea is to put the capture program's buffer on another hard
drive or partition with more available space than your C: drive. Again,
you would have to find it in the manual or the menus of the program.

Or is it a question of DMA? If your hard drive can not keep up with the
capture input, the above problem might happen. You need to make sure
that your hard drive is running with DMA enabled, not in PIO mode. How
to do that depends on your particular setup.

Je te souhaite de bonne chance,
Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino)