Transfer data files from SSD to laptop

YoussefKaram

Honorable
Nov 22, 2015
I have the blue screen of death on my PC and I tried everything even restoring without deleting data and still nothing. How can I transfer data files from my SSD to my laptop so I can do a clean install of Windows?

Solution

It's more commonly incompatible graphic card drivers errors. But due to the nature of your question, I'll assume you've tried a lot of things and just want to restore.

Either way, try a...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Are you able to boot into Safe Mode? Is your BSOD coming from hardware or software?

Just put a small memory bootable operating system onto a bootable USB then plug into your PC and access the drive from there.

If it's full hardware malfunction in your PC, then you can jsut remove the hard drive, plug into into another rig, or use a CADDY to plug it into your laptop.

ItsKyloSolo

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
You will need a separate SATA cable and boot off the original laptop drive. When booted, find the drive and copy the files onto the laptop drive (if there is enough space.) Hope this helps!

YoussefKaram

Honorable
Nov 22, 2015

it's giving me the "system thread not handled exception" and I can't access the pc in any way not even safe mode, can't restore or go back to an old image of the pc. Nothing.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

It's more commonly incompatible graphic card drivers errors. But due to the nature of your question, I'll assume you've tried a lot of things and just want to restore.

Either way, try a bootable OS on a USB first. Then copy the files over to another USB / Hard drive.

Solution

YoussefKaram

Honorable
Nov 22, 2015

Well can i fix it without having to restore? If so, how to do it? Thanks for your help!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador