[SOLVED] Transfer Data from Xperia Android Version 4.4.2 to Samsung Galaxy A50 Android

Lynval

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2015
Hello guys.

I just got a Samsung Galaxy A50, and downloaded Samsung’s SmartSwitch and installed it to the Galaxy.

I have also installed SmartSwitch onto a Sony Xperia, Android Version 4.4.2.

I have been told that in order to transfer Data between the phones I need to get Android Version 4.3. However, when I connect the Xperia to the computer, it shows it is Up-to-date.

When I tried to run SmartSwitch on the Xperia, I get a message, ‘Unsupported file type’.

Since I cannot upgrade to 4.3 on the Xperia, can someone advise me on this, please.

Thank you.

Solution
How to transfer everything from your old Android phone to your new one via your Google Account.

That explains things pretty well without having to deal with separate migrate/backup apps. SmartSwitch is a Samsung app so well it's going to get updated and drop support frequently for older phones, the only way you could use it on the Sony would be to find an older version.

If you have tons of photos your better off offloading them to a SdCard or thumb driver via OTC or with a PC via Droid Transfer.

If your carrier has a brick and mortar store they can usually do that free or with a low-cost charge.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
How to transfer everything from your old Android phone to your new one via your Google Account.

That explains things pretty well without having to deal with separate migrate/backup apps. SmartSwitch is a Samsung app so well it's going to get updated and drop support frequently for older phones, the only way you could use it on the Sony would be to find an older version.

If you have tons of photos your better off offloading them to a SdCard or thumb driver via OTC or with a PC via Droid Transfer.

If your carrier has a brick and mortar store they can usually do that free or with a low-cost charge.

Reactions: Lynval
Solution