Transfer Drivers from one PC to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fouchey

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Long story short I cannot get the drivers from the manufacture website currently and just did a fresh install of windows on my SSD but still have my HDD has an external. Just wondering if I can transfer them safely some how?

Solution
Well, with your external drive you should be able to navigate to:
\\Windows\System32\drivers
\\Windows\System32\DriverStore

And have it search in there for appropriate drivers.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You could potentially point your new build to the driver store on the old drive, if it has Windows. If you are talking about getting the drivers using your external drive, that is just going to the internet and downloading the appropriate setup files onto the drive and plugging it into the system that needs them installed.

Fouchey

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Sorry I'll try to be a little more specific. My old drive has all the drivers I need, I took that out of my laptop, made it into an external(it still has everything on it including windows for now) and put my new SSD into my laptop. I attempted to find the old CD that came with the laptop with no luck, went to the manufacture website and I cannot get them off currently.. So I was just looking for a way to somehow "copy" them from my old drive to my new if that makes sense.
Don't know much about drivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.