Transfer from camcorder to PC

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
3,943
0
22,780
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Need advice on what capture device to use for transferring from
camcorder to PC Just need somthing simple not looking to go crazy with
video making
Thank Jim
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"<Jim>" wrote ...
> Need advice on what capture device to use for transferring from
> camcorder to PC Just need somthing simple not looking to go crazy with
> video making

What camcorder? (i.e. analog or digital: DV/Firewire)?
What computer? Desktop with available slots? Laptop?
Budget? Your phrase "go crazy" means nothing without
YOUR definition of "crazy".
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Richard Crowley wrote:

> "<Jim>" wrote ...
>
>>Need advice on what capture device to use for transferring from
>>camcorder to PC Just need somthing simple not looking to go crazy with
>>video making
>
>
> What camcorder? (i.e. analog or digital: DV/Firewire)?
> What computer? Desktop with available slots? Laptop?
> Budget? Your phrase "go crazy" means nothing without
> YOUR definition of "crazy".

There's a standard process called RTFM. Good luck.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.video,aus.photo (More info?)

"<Jim>" <<figment51@hotmail.c> wrote in message news:<Xns95145B6B23162figment51hotmailcom@65.32.1.6>...
> Need advice on what capture device to use for transferring from
> camcorder to PC Just need somthing simple not looking to go crazy with
> video making
> Thank Jim

Buy the new Sigma video camera with the Foveon X75v sensor. It should
be their in the stores next month. Not only will this camera give you
better quality video than any 3 chip camera made but it also will
record in exremely low light better than any other camera. It will
come with a full editing software suite developed by Borden Software
and all the cables and hardware, and even a new Foveon video card for
your choice of PC/Mac/Linux.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.video,aus.photo (More info?)

> "<Jim>" wrote
> > Need advice on what capture device to use for transferring
> > from camcorder to PC Just need somthing simple not looking
> > to go crazy with video making

"Jorge Prediguez" wrote ...
> Buy the new Sigma video camera with the Foveon X75v sensor.
> It should be their in the stores next month. Not only will this camera
> give you better quality video than any 3 chip camera made but it
> also will record in exremely low light better than any other camera.
> It will come with a full editing software suite developed by Borden
> Software and all the cables and hardware, and even a new Foveon
> video card for your choice of PC/Mac/Linux.

Mr. Prediguez almost comes across as a shill for this Foveon
phenomenon. He seems to be pasting this propaganda into
random threads without apparent regard if they even fit.
I can't see that Mr. Prediguez' response has *anything* to do
with Jim's question. Surely buying a whole new camcorder
for a simple capture would qualify as "going crazy".
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.video,aus.photo (More info?)

Jorge Prediguez wrote:

> "<Jim>" <<figment51@hotmail.c> wrote in message news:<Xns95145B6B23162figment51hotmailcom@65.32.1.6>...
> > Need advice on what capture device to use for transferring from
> > camcorder to PC Just need somthing simple not looking to go crazy with
> > video making
> > Thank Jim
>
> Buy the new Sigma video camera with the Foveon X75v sensor. It should
> be their in the stores next month. Not only will this camera give you
> better quality video than any 3 chip camera made but it also will
> record in exremely low light better than any other camera. It will
> come with a full editing software suite developed by Borden Software
> and all the cables and hardware, and even a new Foveon video card for
> your choice of PC/Mac/Linux.

Stop polluting rec.decktop.video with your useless trolls
 

Ron

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
992
0
18,980
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.video,aus.photo (More info?)

"Jorge Prediguez" <jorge@iamgr8.com> wrote in message
news:d38ab2c0.0406300520.691b15a1@posting.google.com...
> "<Jim>" <<figment51@hotmail.c> wrote in message
news:<Xns95145B6B23162figment51hotmailcom@65.32.1.6>...
> > Need advice on what capture device to use for transferring from
> > camcorder to PC Just need somthing simple not looking to go crazy with
> > video making
> > Thank Jim
>
> Buy the new Sigma video camera with the Foveon X75v sensor. It should
> be their in the stores next month. Not only will this camera give you
> better quality video than any 3 chip camera made but it also will
> record in exremely low light better than any other camera. It will
> come with a full editing software suite developed by Borden Software
> and all the cables and hardware, and even a new Foveon video card for
> your choice of PC/Mac/Linux.

Ahhhhp. This is another George Preddiot alias. Yet another fanboi
personality goes into the killfile.
 

Werewolf

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004
58
0
18,630
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote in message news:<10dr698oip0oef9@corp.supernews.com>...
> "<Jim>" wrote ...
> > Need advice on what capture device to use for transferring from
> > camcorder to PC Just need somthing simple not looking to go crazy with
> > video making
>
> What camcorder? (i.e. analog or digital: DV/Firewire)?
> What computer? Desktop with available slots? Laptop?
> Budget? Your phrase "go crazy" means nothing without
> YOUR definition of "crazy".

I think he means by "cracy" as butt raming a whore from Haiti without
a rubber, or something like that.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.video,aus.photo (More info?)

"Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> writes:

> Mr. Prediguez almost comes across as a shill for this Foveon
> phenomenon.

I am quite sure that neither the "mexican" copycat (Prediguez)
or the original nutter (George Preddy) has anything to do with
Foveon or Sigma.

The main objective of their activities seem to be to stir up
mindless controversy (an activity that in the Usenet jargon
often is called "trolling") - but along the way they also manage
to generate a lot of hostility towards the products they pretend
to endorse.

And please help those using filters by sticking "a [GP]" or "[OT]"
flag in the subject field if you engange in metadiscussion about
the GP-character and his/her copycats.

TIA.
--
- gisle hannemyr [ gisle{at}hannemyr.no - http://folk.uio.no/gisle/ ]
========================================================================
«To live outside the law, you must be honest.» (Bob Dylan)