Transfer speed between 2 Gigabit Lan PC through Straight Cable Cat 6

wam9xx

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
Hi, I have a desktop and a laptop computer. both equipped with Gigabit Lan port... I connect them with Straight cable by assigning both computers IP address. I havnt use any switch or router between computers.... The problem is that my transfer speed is about= ~10MB/s..... As far i know the transfer speed should be around 70-80MB/s (125MB/s for Gigabit Lan)..... i cant figure out the problem.......... plz let me know the solution.......
Thanks

Solution
both of you are wrong
i just done the hefty file transfer 1tb between two computer as i not yet got the gigabit hubs
you need to use the gigabit crossover cable which it will use up to 4 pair of the cat 5 or cat6 wire
Gigabit T568A crossover

when i use the ordinary crossover its hitting 10.7mbps and it took forever, i switch on whole night only done 500gb
the rest of the data i create the Gigabit T568A crossover and it copying at 75-85mbps
same pc same card just different cable. if u dont have the network tools u can cut the middle of cable and pair them up with taps.

wam9xx

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
the laptop i got is Dell XPS 15 Core i7 Sandy Bridge and the desktop is equipped with Intel G41 Motherboard with Gigabit Lan..... When i connect the cable it show me 100Mb/s connection.

boonchiam

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
both of you are wrong
i just done the hefty file transfer 1tb between two computer as i not yet got the gigabit hubs
you need to use the gigabit crossover cable which it will use up to 4 pair of the cat 5 or cat6 wire
Gigabit T568A crossover

when i use the ordinary crossover its hitting 10.7mbps and it took forever, i switch on whole night only done 500gb
the rest of the data i create the Gigabit T568A crossover and it copying at 75-85mbps
same pc same card just different cable. if u dont have the network tools u can cut the middle of cable and pair them up with taps.

Solution