[SOLVED] Transfer to new pc

Jan 7, 2021
Hi. I have a question. I bought a new pc yesterday and ı want to carry my hdd to my new system. It was one drive divided to 2 (C: and D:). My new pc has an ssd now and windows is on there and i want to use this drive as storage but at the same time i dont want to lose my games etc. Can someone help. Will it be a problem if i just install it in new pc and delete windows files?

Solution
While you can move STEAM and I think also Epic games, you do need to reinstall the program app to play them. All other games need to be reinstalled. Otherwise the new W10 install won't have any registry entries and they will not be usable. The same is true for all programs.

HERE is the STEAM page for moving the game folder.

RealBeast

Titan
While you can move STEAM and I think also Epic games, you do need to reinstall the program app to play them. All other games need to be reinstalled. Otherwise the new W10 install won't have any registry entries and they will not be usable. The same is true for all programs.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Hi. I have a question. I bought a new pc yesterday and ı want to carry my hdd to my new system. It was one drive divided to 2 (C: and D:). My new pc has an ssd now and windows is on there and i want to use this drive as storage but at the same time i dont want to lose my games etc. Can someone help. Will it be a problem if i just install it in new pc and delete windows files?
Done wrong, and you can screw up both systems.

What, exactly, do you want to change from the old system to the new?

Jan 7, 2021

So it'll be best if i just reset the drive and reinstall all?