Transfered to a new case and swapped psu and the pc won't start

neagumihai961

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
I've connected all the cables and the pc won't start. I get no fan spin, no beeps nothing, besides the light that indicates the internet cable is plugged in. I've tried flipping the power button connectors still nothing

Solution
Try shorting the power button pins on the motherboard, if that works then the power button on the case is probably faulty, if it still doesn't work you might have done some wiring wrong or a part has been damaged, and there's no easy way to figure out if one of the hardware has gone bad, except for swapping out each part one by one.
Try shorting the power button pins on the motherboard, if that works then the power button on the case is probably faulty, if it still doesn't work you might have done some wiring wrong or a part has been damaged, and there's no easy way to figure out if one of the hardware has gone bad, except for swapping out each part one by one.

Solution

neagumihai961

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017

yes all the parts are compatible, i just switched cases. anyway, i found the answer......it's kinda dumb....i managed to plug the cpu 4 pin power connector in the wrong orientation. it's working now so hooray cause i was scared shi.....let's just say i had some duty in my pants

neagumihai961

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017

thank you for the answer, i found the problem, it's in the reply above, i'll pick your answer as the solution as there's no right answer

TRENDING THREADS