[SOLVED] Transfering office 2019 not linked to my microsoft account!

m0v1c

Reputable
May 10, 2019
Hi all. I recently bought Office 2019 single device key and installed on my pc. I run my pc as a local account and office is not linked to my microsoft account. I am getting a new pc next week and Looked up on the internet about transfering office but every forum seems to assume I have office linked to my account, therefor just uninstall/deactivate, then reinstall from my account. I can't do it this way so what are my options. Any help is appriciated.
Thanks

OS =Windows 10 [added by moderator]

m0v1c

Reputable
May 10, 2019
Hi. If anyone comes accross this thread this is what happened. I transfered the office install package via usb to new pc. Then uninstalled it on old pc and re-installed it on new pc. When ask to activate I chose the activate via internet option, but this did not work and kicked me back to the phone option. After calling a toll free number and having a nice conversation with a bot, I was required to enter a 40? digit number follwed be another 25? digit number and was then asked how many devices I had installed this office licence on. I answward honestly and said "one". It then procceded to activate on my new pc and all is good now. So there you go. The worst part was keying the numbers in. I was shaking........ Adios folks.