Question Transferred PC to a new case, now it won't boot.

NumbrXerr0

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 25, 2015
I'm at a loss here. I recently transferred all of my components to a new larger case but now I can't seem to get it to boot. I've changed absolutely no hardware whatsoever. I moved from a Thermaltake mid tower to the Thermaltake 71 TG full tower. The only difference is that this new case has some RGB lighting on the fans, but I tried unplugging them and it still won't boot.

Here is the situation. I turn on my PC and everything seems to work. All the case fans spin, GPU lights up and spins, PSU spins, everything lights up and turns on. But then I get a noise. It might be a beep from the mobo, but it sounds weird. I get two of them and then it stops. Everything will continue going and then it all shuts off completely after like..10 or 15 seconds. But then itll turn back on again by itself and repeat the cycle. The entire time my monitors have no signal and can't tell if anything is booting or not.

Also, every few starts it'll all light up and then turn off within 2 or 3 seconds, then boot a second time. Almost like it isnt getting enough power..but it is, I've changed nothing. This is the exact setup I had before swapping cases. I'm sorry it's so hard to explain..but any ideas? Its driving me crazy!

Here is a video:
View: https://youtu.be/nxw-IcvrCt4

I should also add that it doesnt seem like my peripherals are getting power. My mouse and keyboard should both light up and don't. My monitors also dont respond. As in it doesn't even say no signal, but they have the power light on.

Edit: Found my mobo speaker and I'm getting 3 long beeps a pause and 3 long beeps again before it resets. I've tried each RAM in each of the 4 slots and it always gives the same error code.

GTX 2080
i8 8700k
Corsair CX850M Gold
2x Corsaor DDR4 8GB
Z370 Killer SLI/ac
Seagate 1TB HDD
Crucial 500GB SSD

Last edited:

NumbrXerr0

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 25, 2015
Have you tried unlugging everything then plugging it back in?
Not too sure, but it may be the RAM.
Yes, I have. I started over from scratch and no luck. I think you might be right about the RAM though, but I'm not sure how to fix it, I found my speaker and I'm getting 3 long beeps, which should be memory. I've tried with one stick in all of the 4 slots, then two sticks, but it still beeps. I literally just used these RAM sticks an hour before swapping cases. Any ideas why they wouldn't be working?

Edit: unfortunately I don't have any other DDR4 RAM to test, just some older DDR3 that won't fit, Is there a way to troubleshoot this without buying new RAM?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS