transferring ASUS laptop hard drive to HP desktop computer

Sep 13, 2017
My ASUS laptop's LCD screen is not working, all I can see is black. I don't want to repair it, instead I plan to just transfer the hard drives to another PC which is the HP desktop computer, is that possible? Thank you :)

Solution
Yes, that is possible, just open the laptop (try to find the Service manual for it, or a video that explains how to open it, those things are not always easy to open), remove carefully the HDD, and plug it into your desktop. Assuming neither of the computers is more than 7 years old, they should be compatible (i mean: if they are modern enough, the HDD will be SATA, and any modern computer accepts SATA HDDs).

Hope it helps! :)
Yes, that is possible, just open the laptop (try to find the Service manual for it, or a video that explains how to open it, those things are not always easy to open), remove carefully the HDD, and plug it into your desktop. Assuming neither of the computers is more than 7 years old, they should be compatible (i mean: if they are modern enough, the HDD will be SATA, and any modern computer accepts SATA HDDs).

Hope it helps! :)

Solution