Transferring Data from LG G3 to Moto Z Play

Sarah6069

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
Hello Everyone

I have, yet another problem and this place is a haven to find a solution for them . Okay here goes

I had LG G3 and suddenly its LCD screen gave away. I mean nothing comes on the screen. The phone itself seems fine but you cannot use it because you cannot see anything on the screen. Tried to have it fixed but to no avail. So I backed up the data on my pc using the data cable before its last breaths (The time where very little could be seen on the screen). The main data that I was concerned about were my memos. So I copied it to my laptop.
Now I have purchased a Moto Z play and want to transfer the backed up data to my moto. However the file is encrypted with the extensions file.tar.gz.enc now I have used many zip opening applications such as winzip or win rar on the laptop so that I could convert the file into a txt or some readable file but again to no avail.
another problem is that the moto does not have its own applications like LG, Nokia or Sony does. So I tried copying it through the data cable and again it does not read or recognize the file.

Those memos are really really important and I need them. is there any way that I can open them in my laptop and convert them into a readable file and then transfer them to my moto phone or any application that would open the file either on my laptop or on the moto phone.

I also tried using the LG Bridge software but as the screen is completely dead now so it is not much of a use.

Looking forward for your help

Thank You

Sara6069

Solution
Was it the LG memo notepad that you got the notes from specifically or for the entire device?

I have only ever heard of .enc files being for the whole device backup.

If its the backups made by LG's .enc files are not encrypted, but additionally they are proprietary and seem to be only accessible/readable from LG devices running the same android version as the phone that made them (IE KitKat lollipop, etc. ) and usually the same device. If you needed to get them back your best bet is to try restoring them using the exact same phone model and android version that they were made on.

Additionally something to check to ensure you would even be able to restore a device if you found one would be to check if LG's software suite...

Chaos2Theory

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Was it the LG memo notepad that you got the notes from specifically or for the entire device?

I have only ever heard of .enc files being for the whole device backup.

If its the backups made by LG's .enc files are not encrypted, but additionally they are proprietary and seem to be only accessible/readable from LG devices running the same android version as the phone that made them (IE KitKat lollipop, etc. ) and usually the same device. If you needed to get them back your best bet is to try restoring them using the exact same phone model and android version that they were made on.

Additionally something to check to ensure you would even be able to restore a device if you found one would be to check if LG's software suite for your phone recognizes the .enc file as a backup file/one you can restore, that might not be possible without a device but I am unfamiliar with LG's software.

Also getting the phone fixed/a screen replacement for htat phone should be fairly cheap, currently you can buy a whole used one for around 80 bucks online, so if you are handy you could attempt to reaplce the screen yourself, or the motherboard to a different phone.

Solution