Question Transferring data from old HDD to new computer and use as 2nd HDD

Apr 1, 2019
My old computer stopped working but the HDD is fine. I just bought a new computer and would like to transfer pics and some files from the old HDD to the new one. Is there an easy way to access my old HDD by installing it as a second on the new computer? I wouldn't mind keeping the old HDD as a second on the new computer too.

They're both windows 10

ragnar-gd

Reputable
Basically: It will work fine (did you you ever buil in a HDD? If not, look at youtube for "build in a HDD").
If you feel unsure, you should be able to buy a HDD-case with USB 3.0 for small money.
Install your operating system first, patch it, install Antivirus, before building in the HDD, just to be safe.

Apr 1, 2019
Shouldn’t be issues unless your BIOs wants to book into the old disc. You might want to deactivate booting but you will have to look that up. Installing a drive is a breeze, you don’t need an USB drive. Remember though that you WILL NOT have easy access to programs on the second disc. There are complicated workarounds which you obviously won’t be able to handle at this time because of your basic question. You will be able to access data but that could be an issue as well for instance with documents, cloud services, music integrated with programs like iTunes, save games and other data.

If you are basically increase disc size and speed and want to keep everything unchanged you need to CLONE your old disc which is pretty easy if time consuming. This is not a simple copy and paste but it’s easy. Get a friend to do it you’re worried. Then repartition the old disc and you’ve got a fresh new old drive for backups or photos or music or films.