[SOLVED] Transferring files into ASUS TUF Gaming notebook

okrobie

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2016
I have a bunch of files to transfer into my wife's new laptop. The files are stored on a laptop HDD and I am trying to use a USB interface, and I can see all of the files in File Explorer. When I cut and paste or drag and drop the files into the destination, nothing happens. The files simply don't move. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks Jim

Solution
I regularly use a large USB 3.0 thumb drive to move files between my gaming PC and laptop. Rather than copy and paste, I just drag and drop by using the right mouse button. It works really well when the files are first transferred to a folder on the desktop. Once all the files have been moved to the folder, I then drag the folder over to the thumb drive. That way, I just have to drag and drop the folder from the thumb drive over to the laptop or desktop computer. Sadly, the laptop doesn't have a USB 3.0 input. :(

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
I regularly use a large USB 3.0 thumb drive to move files between my gaming PC and laptop. Rather than copy and paste, I just drag and drop by using the right mouse button. It works really well when the files are first transferred to a folder on the desktop. Once all the files have been moved to the folder, I then drag the folder over to the thumb drive. That way, I just have to drag and drop the folder from the thumb drive over to the laptop or desktop computer. Sadly, the laptop doesn't have a USB 3.0 input. :(

Solution