Transferring Games from SSD to HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper9802

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Morning all,

I have read several forum posts about how to transfer programs from an SSD to an HDD. I have been advised by a friend that there is a program I can get that will allow me to do this at the click of a mouse button (letting me move programs between the two drives, letting me keep what I am currently playing on my SSD). Unfortunately, he can't remember the name of the program and will be unreachable for a while. Does anyone know the program he is talking about? Thanks!

skaz

Distinguished
Yeah steam mover came to my mind as well. I have used it before and it worked fine. Only used for a few games.

I ended up just keeping my games backed up to a HDD and only installing games I want to play atm. And installing steam to my SSD.

Annoying that steam forces you to install the games on a certain disk. Seems like it would be an easy fix/solution. Same thing with Amazon game downloads. Can never select another drive to download game to. Although I know amazon is aware of the situation and will hopefully change that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.