Question Transferring HDD data without having it installed in my PC.

Jun 17, 2019
I have a HDD from my old computer that I'd like to recover the data from. However, my new machine is already built and all the slots have been filled and the wiring tucked behind some parts of the tower. My question is: Is there a way to recover all the data still on my old HDD without having to rip apart my new computer just to slot the HDD in there?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm not quite as versed in storage hardware knowledge as I thought I was.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can just plug the cables into it, doesn't have to be properly mounted if you are just going to copy files once.

There are external drive adapters as well, but not much point in having one if you have a system that can accept it.

Jun 17, 2019
You can just plug the cables into it, doesn't have to be properly mounted if you are just going to copy files once.

There are external drive adapters as well, but not much point in having one if you have a system that can accept it.
Would I not also need to plug power cables into it as well?
I ask this because the power cables are also tied and tucked behind some parts in the case, which makes it somewhat difficult to supply power to the HDD.

TRENDING THREADS