Question transferring large amount of files

May 18, 2019
When I was transferring files from my PC to Android phone, I just don't understand why when I ALT+A and paste, there will be a lot of errors pop up from time to time during the process but when u move a small group of files each time, then everything works... This also happened on PC from one drive to another, but less often.
I mean, let's say I have 10GB of things. 10 should be same as 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1. Why I have to divide that into many parts to transfer my files?!

May 18, 2019
What are the errors that "pop up"?

How are you transferring the files: wire, network wireless, Bluetooth...?

What software/apps are involved?

Hello. I am transferring data from my laptop to my android phone via USB cable. So the only software included is Windows Explorer. Usually, the error will be like <a file name> cannot be transferred. But I just transfer the a smaller amount of files including that so-called error file, everything will work flawlessly without error.

Ralston18

Titan
If you are content with just being able to transfer fewer/smaller files at a time then well and good.

However, if you do indeed need to or wish to do larger transfers then start small and work upwards with respect to the amount of data and/or number of files being transferred.

The objective is to discover some quantifiable threshold value between file transfers without errors and when the transfer of files starts causing errors.

Could be the size of the files, the number of files, or some combination thereof.