Question Transferring older Windows 10 info to New PC with W11

ingeborgdot

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
I have a PC that is 7 years old. It is an important PC and we are upgrading to a new PC which you know will have W11. The older PC is still in good working condition so there is no problem there, but we like to upgrade our PC every 5 years but we got behind. It is one we use for our office and it has many important things on it. It has 3 different places that this PC is backed up to so there is no problem there.
I would like to ask a question about the fastest and easiest way to get all the info from the old PC to the new one. I have had such good luck with PC's in the past I have never really done this before, so I would like some advice.
The old PC with W10 has 2 drives. OS and storage. The new drive has 2 drives also, OS and storage.
What other info do you need to help me figure out my best route to transfer everything from one to the other.
Thanks.

USAFRet

Titan
I have a PC that is 7 years old. It is an important PC and we are upgrading to a new PC which you know will have W11. The older PC is still in good working condition so there is no problem there, but we like to upgrade our PC every 5 years but we got behind. It is one we use for our office and it has many important things on it. It has 3 different places that this PC is backed up to so there is no problem there.
I would like to ask a question about the fastest and easiest way to get all the info from the old PC to the new one. I have had such good luck with PC's in the past I have never really done this before, so I would like some advice.
The old PC with W10 has 2 drives. OS and storage. The new drive has 2 drives also, OS and storage.
What other info do you need to help me figure out my best route to transfer everything from one to the other.
Thanks.
"all the info"
The FIRST thing you need to safeguard is your data.
All else is secondary.

Assuming the Win 11 will be a whole new system, then all you need to move over is your data.
Either sneakernet via flash drives, or (as above), connected to the same LAN and shared folders.

Reactions: stonecarver

ingeborgdot

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
"all the info"
The FIRST thing you need to safeguard is your data.
All else is secondary.

Assuming the Win 11 will be a whole new system, then all you need to move over is your data.
Either sneakernet via flash drives, or (as above), connected to the same LAN and shared folders.
All the data is backed up. I know I'll have to reinstall all of the software (that sucks), but it is what it is.
How can I make sure that the desktop from the old goes to the new just like it was? They like the desktop the way it is.

TRENDING THREADS