[SOLVED] Transferring steam and other games clients to another drive ?

I dont really know how to go about adding another internal drive to my custom built pc so i intend to add an external drive as an easy option.
Would it make any difference if i used an ssd with its own power supply or would i be ok to use one that is classed as portable with no power supply.
What would be the easiest way to transfer my games so that i would not have to re-install them , could i for example just right click and copy/paste say my main steam client folder.

A pal of mine has something called a passport drive , it had a very short lead but what really suprised me was that it was hot to touch and he had not even been using it

Solution
Any drive is ok for a desktop, the one with a power supply are mostly for laptops or other devices with weak power delivery on the usb.

For Steam right click on the game, go to properties, go to local files, press move install folder...

Drives always get hot when they are powered, your internal drives are just as hot you just can't touch them to notice.
Any drive is ok for a desktop, the one with a power supply are mostly for laptops or other devices with weak power delivery on the usb.

For Steam right click on the game, go to properties, go to local files, press move install folder...

Drives always get hot when they are powered, your internal drives are just as hot you just can't touch them to notice.

Solution