Transferring the Slave Hard Drive from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Krazy_J

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
I have a dilemma. To make a long story short, I want to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 on 2 different drives. I have 1 120GB SSD (Windows 7 currently installed), 1 500 GB SSD (Windows 10 to be installed), and 1 500GB HDD (Slave drive for games and other applications installed). I want to install Win 10 on my 500 GB SSD and still keep Windows 7 on the 120 GB SSD. However, I want all of my games to work for Win 10 with the 500 GB slave HDD as well. Will there be a problem if I transferred all of my games to Win 10 with the slave 500 GB HDD?

Solution
Hi there Krazy_J,

You want to play the games installed on your HDD, under two different OSes?

Well, of course, you can install all of your games on the HDD and see if all or some of the games would work. If there's some sort of an issue, you may need to reinstall the game under the respective OS.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)
Hi there Krazy_J,

You want to play the games installed on your HDD, under two different OSes?

Well, of course, you can install all of your games on the HDD and see if all or some of the games would work. If there's some sort of an issue, you may need to reinstall the game under the respective OS.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution

Krazy_J

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
"You want to play the games installed on your HDD, under two different OSes?"

That's exactly right D_Know_WD. I want to play the games for Windows 7 with my secondary HDD. I'll see if this will or will not be a hassle. Thanks guys.