Transferring Windows 10 to SSD

May 30, 2018
Hi,

I've been reading about this for weeks before buying my new SSD thinking it would be easy but now that I own the SSD, I have learned it is not. Previously I had a 500GB HDD which held my Windows 10 and a few other programs. The i had a 2TB HDD which held my Steam Library and some other programs as well. I recently bought a 128GB SSD simply to run Windows 10 so it'd be faster.

I've tried using EaseUS Todo to clone the HDD onto the SSD but then I'm still stuck with the version of windows I'm running on my HDD rather than my SSD. Nothing I've tried is working and it's really starting to frustrate me. Please help me as I am losing my patience!

Thank you!

CPU: AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
RAM: 12.0 GB
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M Plus/USB3
Network Adapter Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 N900 Dual Band
Case: Phanteks PH-EC416PSTG_BK Eclipse P400S Silent Edition

Trust me, its going to be much easier if you just do a clean install of windows 10 onto that SSD, start clean and install windows and the programs you need and leave everything else on the HDDs.
Cloning is almost always trouble, especially when your original drive is larger than the target. Then add windows to the mix and its a nightmare.

May 30, 2018

So I have a Windows 10 USB (Bought from Microsoft) that I have attempted to boot from several times to download on my SSD, yet keeps getting stuck on a "Loading Files" screen for hours after choosing the 64 bit to download.