[SOLVED] Transparency effects in windows 10

Sep 30, 2019
I am on Windows 10 1903 Build and having a i5 3rd Gen Processor, 8GB RAM, Gtx 750ti Graphics Card.
Yesterday I formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows and when it booted into desktop i was able to see all transparency effects on Start menu, task bar etc. Then i started installing my motherboard drivers and graphics driver (Latest one) from Nvidia. After installing the graphics driver all the transparency effects were disabled for some strange reason. Then i tried uninstalling the graphics driver and the transparency effects were enabled again. I installed the graphics driver again as the dialog boxes and windows were lagging when they were moved on screen with mouse cursor; but with this the transparency effects were disabled again. I enabled enabling transparency settings from setting>rationalization> colors and even I tried to change settings from control panel> visual effects etc and even I tried some registry hacks from Youtube video, tried to figure out settings in Nvidia control panel but nothing worked.
Does anyone has a solution for this? Transparency effects really look great so i am trying hard for that.

Solution
Not seeing any transparency controls per se in my Nvidia Control Panel.

The only option that might be viable is:

NVIDIA Control Panel > Display > Adjust desktop color settings. Chose between

- Other Apps

- Use Nvidia

Ralston18

Titan
Have you gone into:

"WIN" + "I" > Personalization > Colors ?

There are control/configuration settings there.

Any third party utilities or controls being launched at startup?

And do avoid any Registry edits. Registry edits should be a very last resort and only if you have your system fully backed up with known recoverable files.

Reactions: rohs98
Sep 30, 2019
Have you gone into:

"WIN" + "I" > Personalization > Colors ?

There are control/configuration settings there.

Any third party utilities or controls being launched at startup?

And do avoid any Registry edits. Registry edits should be a very last resort and only if you have your system fully backed up with known recoverable files.
Thanks for replying!!
Bro I tried the settings in "WIN" + "I" > Personalization > Colors ? but thats not working!
The thing i am guessing is with the graphics driver coz when i uninstall it the graphics driver the taskbar and stuffs becomes transparent but when i reinstall it the transparent effects vanishes! If you could suggest me any settings in the Nvidia Control Panel then it would help i guess!!

Sep 30, 2019
I tried removing my nvidia 750ti card from the mother board and tried running the system on the inbuilt graphics of Intel and then installed the graphics driver of intel but same issue presists!
The transparency gets disabled after installing the driver! means transparency effects works on the basic built in graphics driver from microsoft!
There is no proper solution on the internet till I searched!

TRENDING THREADS