[SOLVED] Transparent BSOD?

Apr 30, 2022
Hi, I was on my pc playing some games and I randomly got a BSOD but it was transparent so I would assume it didnt load properly even though the percentage went up fine. Everything else went fine afterwards it restarted and back to normal but I haven’t had a BSOD in like a year and never a transparent one.

If needed it was a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. All i know is that can be caused by malware or outdated/damaged drivers.

PC Specs if needed:

Intel i5 9400F
GTX 1650
ASUSTek PRIME H310M-K R2.0
16GB RAM
1TB Hardrive
Not sure about the power supply

One more thing though on System Information it says 8gb physical memory and 16gb virtual memory? Im not sure if this is normal as I do have 2 8gb sticks.

Solution
Something is wrong then. One of your sticks of RAM is not working if it says only 8GB of physical memory and you have 2 8GB sticks installed.

I'd power off, pull the memory, make sure there is no debris, fuzzies, plastic bits, etc. in the memory slots, and make sure the gold teeth on the memory are free of blemishes etc. then reinstall them. And actually, might not be a bad idea to simply install one at a time, in the DIMM_A1 slot, to see if one of them is just plain not working.

Did you buy both sticks of memory in a single kit that came with two DIMMs in it, or did you buy two separate sticks of memory, regardless of whether they are the same model or not?

Also, system information is worthless. Download and install CPU-Z. Take a...
Something is wrong then. One of your sticks of RAM is not working if it says only 8GB of physical memory and you have 2 8GB sticks installed.

I'd power off, pull the memory, make sure there is no debris, fuzzies, plastic bits, etc. in the memory slots, and make sure the gold teeth on the memory are free of blemishes etc. then reinstall them. And actually, might not be a bad idea to simply install one at a time, in the DIMM_A1 slot, to see if one of them is just plain not working.

Did you buy both sticks of memory in a single kit that came with two DIMMs in it, or did you buy two separate sticks of memory, regardless of whether they are the same model or not?

Also, system information is worthless. Download and install CPU-Z. Take a screenshot of the memory tab. Take two screenshots of the SPD tab, and you will need to select each slot in the dropdown menu in order to populate the fields to the right with the information for the memory module installed in that particular slot. Then use the following guide to post your images here.

Solution