Mar 15, 2014
Relevant Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600X
ASUS TUF X570
MSI RTX 2080 Super
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
EVGA CLC 360 AIO
EVGA G+ 850 PSU

I transplanted most of my system into an O-11. My old case was ancient, and never had support for an AIO, so I decided to pick one of those up, as well as a new PSU as my old one (an original EVGA SuperNova G 750W) was coming up on being 8 years old.

The system powers on, but there is an Yellow/Orange LED on on the motherboard, which according to the manual is a DRAM issue (but maybe also boot, which is “Yellow Green”...it definitely looks orange to me. VGA is supposed to be white. My monitor cycles through trying to find a display source, but can’t pick up on anything, neither from my Display Port monitor or my HDMI one.

The only thing, outside of me not having something hooked up right, that went wrong with the transplant was directly related to the graphics card. The first time I powered it up, I immediately heard a snagging sound. I thought I just had a wire chafing against a fan, but upon closer inspection some of the braided cord on the GPU power cable had SNAGGED around one of the GPU fans. By the time I figured it out, that fan had completely stopped spinning. I powered it all down, but it was so snagged in there I literally had to cut it out.

Now, it seems like the GPU has power. It’s RGB lights up, and all 3 fans spin now. Just no display.

I can’t think of anything else I’m doing wrong. I just hope I didn’t fry the card somehow. Could the AIO not being plugged in/installed properly cause this? I followed the instructions as best I could, but I’ve never installed one of these before.

Everything else in the machine seems to power up fine.

Solution
Disconnect and reconnect everything. Most likely something isn't fully seated. RAM is often a problem as it can sometimes take a fair amount of force to seat. You should hear and feel the locking tabs pop into place.