Question Transported my computer from Greece to UK and now it won't start.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 18, 2019
I safely moved my rig from Greece to the UK, put clothes inside and styrofoam protection along with more clothes outside and put it inside a computer box.

I bought the UK power plug and got everything ready, but now my system doesn't exactly start.
I press the power button, the computer turns on, but that's it. Display doesn't turn on, mouse and keyboard don't work either and I checked to see if the sound works, but nothing, no windows startup sound either. I noticed something that usually doesn't happen, the CD drive led was blinking non-stop until I shut it down.
I've tried everything, plugged directly into the wall, tried different cables, unplugged and replugged, made sure all the hardware cables were in check.
Same thing again and again.

The system just isn't starting, it should at least show the Gigabyte logo on the screen, even if the motherboard was fried or something, it's just turning on without actually running any kind of software at all.

May 18, 2019
That was it, lads. Thank you all for your help!
It was the CPU all along, it detached because the heatsink is gigantic and moved a lot which probably caused it to detach because they were stuck together somehow. My computer is now working again!

TRENDING THREADS