Transporting a Tempered glass pc

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Ok so i kind made the mistake of going with a tempered glass case. I love how it looks and im glad i got it, however Im thinking it was a waste of money because im nervous taking it anywhere. I do local LAN gaming events every month and im always nervous about transporting the pc. I dont want to have wasted 1k on it to have it destroyed on a car ride there. Does anyone have any tips for transporting it to and from the lan party without worrying it may or may not get destroyed? Would changing the case to one with either no window or a window with a frame around it be a better idea? I dont make a lot of money so every purchase is one i gotta think of well. I found a corsair one for 50 bucks but that is kinda expensive considering i spent 50 bucks on the current case I have now. Also while im here i was wondering what kind of upgrade options could i go with coming from a 2400g?

Lutfij

Titan
Have the edges wrapped with some Styrofoam and then have the entire panel that is tempered with bubble wrap. Some use their clothes or towels to wrap around the panel for transit. Having your clothes around the panel will only add weight and the inside wont give any friction so chances of the panel slipping out of your clothes will be high.

You could just pack it in it's case that it came with and unbox it at every lan event but that might be cumbersome if it's a large case.

Speaking of which you never mentioned your cases' make or model. To add, list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018

I planned on keeping the glass and the case all together while transporting it.
Sorry forgot the specs:
Ryzen 5 2400g
Corsair vengeance 3200(running at 2666 because I can’t figure out how to get it to 3200)
Asrock ab350m pro 4 mb
Wd blue 1tb hdd
Pny 120 fb ssd
Thermaltake versa h18 tg case
4 thermaltake riing 12 white hp fans
600w 80+ bronze psu
Don’t have a gpu yet but plan on a 1060 6 gb.