[SOLVED] transporting comp

luka1000

Honorable
Aug 26, 2017
Hi there i asked this question a bit before but i was wondering when I bring it to my moms house i plan on putting my pc in a bag. If i use towels for the glass side of the case would that be fine or will static be a problem.

Solution
thank you for answering with no sarcasm :). I have a 2060 do you think i should still remove it and i have just the basic amd cpu cooler that comes with the processor

I would not be concerned about the AMD cooler.
A 2060 probably isn't heavy enough to worry about unless your roads are just terrible. Just the same, if you are familiar with how and have it's box, it couldn't hurt not to have that weight wiggling around on your PCI-e slot.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
If this has a heavy GPU and HDD inside I would remove and take precaution with them. Would consider if action is needed for large tower cooler, if equipped.

If it's really cold out just be sure to allow the device to sit in the warm area several hours before you turn it on. It will condense humidity while it's cold in a warm place (just like a drinking cup) and will need time to come up to temp and dry.

USAFRet

Titan
okay and one more question witch I am pretty sure i know the answer to is cold a problem?
On the back of a snowmobile in the Antarctic winter, yes, that might be a problem.

In your car, or the trunk of your car?
I wouldn't leave it in the trunk overnight in a Minnesota winter, but No.
If it is comfortable for you, it is comfortable for the PC.

When PC's are shipped by boat from China to Canada, in the middle of the winter...do you think they are in warm cozy heated boxes?

Let it come up to room temperature before you power it up.

luka1000

Honorable
Aug 26, 2017
If this has a heavy GPU and HDD inside I would remove and take precaution with them. Would consider if action is needed for large tower cooler, if equipped.

If it's really cold out just be sure to allow the device to sit in the warm area several hours before you turn it on. It will condense humidity while it's cold in a warm place (just like a drinking cup) and will need time to come up to temp and dry.
thank you for answering with no sarcasm :). I have a 2060 do you think i should still remove it and i have just the basic amd cpu cooler that comes with the processor

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

A 2060 probably isn't heavy enough to worry about unless your roads are just terrible. Just the same, if you are familiar with how and have it's box, it couldn't hurt not to have that weight wiggling around on your PCI-e slot.

Solution

luka1000

Honorable
Aug 26, 2017
It is only a 20min drive so i think is should be okay just wanted to make sure :)