Trash Build not Booting

Aug 19, 2018
So I had many parts remaining from everything, an old optiplex and scavenger parts from eBay. I think everything’s running perfectly lights fans and all that but no display. Many of these parts are outdated except my GPU and monitor. Would be awesome if anyone could diagnose possible issues.

Parts: DG31PR motherboard Intel core 2 duo e6750 Samsung 2 X 1GB DDR2 memory (not sure of speed) Seagate barracuda 7200rpm 500gb GTX 1060 3gb and Gigabyte RX 570 4GB (1 slot but I’ve tried running both. Newer gpu compared to extremely old motherboard, could be the problem?) Random psu 400w (sparkle power international Ltd from a prebuilt system I found) Master box lite 3.1 for the front panel.

1. check your DDR2 ram sticks, they should either be DDR2 677/800 but not both.

2 Remove GPU and plug monitor on the motherboard directly. if that configuration works, likely your issue is the GPU compatibility, the DG31PR PCIE Slots are 2.x therefore the BIOS is more than likely NOT UEFI, and newer video card need UEFI to properly function

3. possible PSU problems what is the Amps marked on the label for the 12V part of the PSU power band ?

If you need a PCIE card connected to this computer then I would be recommend finding a HD5450 or 75xx series at a store or ebay and trying it with that card. my bet is it will work that way.

Aug 19, 2018
the ram is both the same DDR2 ram. VGA is directly into the mobo and Amps is 8.5/5A.