Trash that Webcam, Mount a Camcorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

A camcorder can offer a much better gaze at that person talking to you on the other end of the Internet, compared to a Webcam. Along with some software or drivers for your PC, see how to use your camcorder for truly high-rez Internet chat or other Webcam apps.

Trash that Webcam, Mount a Camcorder : Read more

G

I wowuld like to try to use this but cant see how to hook my cam to computer I havew a JVC GZ-HD3 thanks Richard

justchillinn

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
thanks for the article. it proved to be quite useful. I even purchased the WebcamDV software.

i'm having a problem with my Sony DCR-PC5 though. I have it connected via Firewire. the image I get on my computer is squished vertically, meaning everything looks fatter than it should be. It's not due to any settings on the camera, there are only a few anyways.

do you know of any software or drivers or something that might help fix the problem I am having? thanks a lot for your help.

PrinceMio

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
I have a Sony DCR-TRV 103. I just went to Staples, bought the 1394 Fire Wire, and the Fire Wire PCI Card for about $32 each. Windows XP recognized it immediately and I am on board, see you on YouTube.

gipsy

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
I am looking fo info on how to use my sony ccdtr23 as a webcam.It has rca plugs.Thank you in advance

G

I've recently tried the freeware program, SplitCam.

Which is excellent! It not only converts my camcorder to a webcam, but even allows you to stream a playlist of video files to your webcam viewer. One tip, if you find tearing on fast movement, tick the option for Filter->Deinterlace which solves that perfectly.

jdocop

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I, too, would like to use my camcorder, but I see a couple of problems. One, my Samsung SMX-F34BN/XAA does not have any drivers or software that allow it to be used as a camera by any computer (there is a mini AV jack that allows connection directly to a TV, and another cable that connects to USB on my PC; the USB allows the PC to copy whatever is in the camera's smart card, but there is no way to use the camera as a camera). And, two, my PC does not have any firewire connections available. So, two questions arise: Will this Orangeware program still work for my camera? And, could I purchase a card that will create Firewire connections out of a PCI Express X1 slot?

jdocop

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Have to wonder whether anyone is paying attention to this article. Since no response was forthcoming from you all, I have tried to contact the Orangware web site, and guess what? email to them gets bounced. So, now I have to ask: what is the value of posting your article, if you can't back it up?

G

I have an older Cannon MV920 which uses a tape and firewire. I tried usinfg it to vido conference inn Skype. Skype would not recognize my camera ?

jdocop

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I, too, have a Canon that will connect to my PC via Firewire. Try Eagleton's TrackerCam software.........(google it).

G

i have camileo S10 from toshiba, how can i make it my webcam too ?

G

The Toshiba Camileo X400 comes with all the leads, software, and printed instructions of how to use as a webcam STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.