Traveled with case intact, got to new place, took out GPU to clean/dust, now PC won't boot up!

Francis_13

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016
I built my PC about a year ago. The specs are here.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pPrbkT

I moved yesterday. I stupidly traveled with my case in the backseat. It was settled, but still. Anyway, after I got to my new place, I took out the GPU and did some cleaning of the entire case. The cleaning involved using compressed air and q-tips to remove all of the dust (or most of it anyway).The only part I removed to clean was the GPU. I thought I did a good job cleaning so I put the GPU back in.

Now, when I plug my computer in, it starts, but nothing shows up on the screen (HDMI plugged in from the video card to the monitor) and the PC itself turns off, and then on again by itself after a second. The screen actually turned on on my third attempt and I couldn't locate my video card on the pc, and then it froze, and so I turned it off. Now it's back to the start up, but turn off by itself routine, and nothing shows on the screen.

Somebody please help me. I'll be editing this post to make it look more coherent as the night progresses. Like I said, I've been moving, which is the f***ing worst.

Francis_13

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016
I was able to boot it up by just jiggling things around. I am on it now, but I am afraid there has been some damage inflicted. There is a little sound coming from somewhere inside the case. I have the one side open but I am wondering if maybe a fan got loose as I was cleaning?

Francis_13

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016
I think it was a driver issue. It started up after a few tries and I quickly downloaded a driver update for my GPU and now it's been working without problem. I just hate not knowing why a problem happens!