Travelling with mini ITX PC?

DavidVioMC

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016
I recently built a mini ITX PC that I can easily travel with between home and work since it's x2.5 more powerfull than most laptop's and I even added a handle on top so I can easily carry it. But would I be able to take it with me when going on holiday? Since pretty much every hotel has some sort of TV that I can plug it and I'm using external PSU and a SSD anyway, so it dosen't get damaged, I though of that ahead. But my biggest cencorn is security. Will they think it's a bomb or some sort of another explosive device? Because I'm sure they don't see people flying with mini ITX builds often, espically like mine which is all black without any ports except rear I/O ports and a power button on front. I don't want to get hold up at every airport and explain to them what it is and propably need to open it up and show them since they propably never seen a desktop motherboard on x-ray before except laptops. If anyone has done this before. Please share your expierencie.

haha I'm sure they won't think its the B word haha. Especially if it is on or something.

The thing I did just experience recently though when going to Vegas was that 1) the TV remote was not the normal TV Remote and was not able to change the Input from the remote and 2) The TV had ZERO Buttons on it to change the input. I think they do this on purpose so that if you want to watch something it is what they have to offer or buy from them. So just keep that in mind.

DavidVioMC

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016

Thanks for your input. I have also experienced the same issue with the remote twice or three times, my solution is to borrow my wife's Android phone since I have an Iphone 6 Plus, and her phone has infared sensor, so I can program the TV's remote into her phone and use that which always allows me to change the input as I always use my laptop to play YouTube or Netflix since I don't watch TV.