Hello all,

Display problem: 1024 x 768, font size 96 dpi.

I was running a photo display program and thought I needed to tweak
the colour setup on my monitor. I minimized the program, called up
Display properties (right-click on desktop/Properties) and eventually
exited the properties without changing anything (Cancel).

HOWEVER, I found that the tray icons (clock area) have all changed in
size; they've become bigger. I went in to the Display properties
again, changed font size to 120dpi. The icons remained the same. I
changed font size back to 96 dpi and everything changed back to as it
should be EXCEPT the tray icons.

What can I do to restore the tray icon size corresponding to the 96
dpi setting?

TIA,

Kim

kelly

Hi Kim,

Right click the Desktop/Properties/Appearance/Advanced/Item/Caption Buttons.
Select 25.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Kim2000" <kim2000@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> Display problem: 1024 x 768, font size 96 dpi.
>
> I was running a photo display program and thought I needed to tweak
> the colour setup on my monitor. I minimized the program, called up
> Display properties (right-click on desktop/Properties) and eventually
> exited the properties without changing anything (Cancel).
>
> HOWEVER, I found that the tray icons (clock area) have all changed in
> size; they've become bigger. I went in to the Display properties
> again, changed font size to 120dpi. The icons remained the same. I
> changed font size back to 96 dpi and everything changed back to as it
> should be EXCEPT the tray icons.
>
> What can I do to restore the tray icon size corresponding to the 96
> dpi setting?
>
> TIA,
>
> Kim

Hi Kelly,

> Right click the Desktop/Properties/Appearance/Advanced/Item/Caption Buttons.
> Select 25.

I did the above but the size was already 25.

I changed it to 40 and the tray notification icons became even bigger.
I then set them back to 25 and I'm back where I started: oversized
icons and the clock also still displays the weekday.

I set it to 12 and the icons became really tiny. Then I upped it to 25
again, and ended up back where I had started, though this time the
icons were uglier with greater jaggies.

What, I wonder, is going on? Is some registry entry corrupted?

- Kim

Hello Kelly,

Please ignore my earlier reply. I solved my problem.

Display properties/Advanced/Appearance/Windows and Buttons

Change to Windows Classic Style. Click Apply.

Then change back to Windows XP Style. Click Apply.

All the icons back to their old size and resolution. No more jaggies.

Whew!

- Kim

Hi,

Try doing this
Click the same window that u opened earlier to change the settings.
in the appearance tab select the windows xp theme and the blue colour (Default)
then select the fonts to Normal and see what happens.
This might reset the entire desktop to default settings.
--
Regards
M. Rajesh